Vision 2014 - Year 1
During the 2010-2011 school year, the community was engaged in a discussion about how we can make a very good school district even better. The result of this work is Vision 2014 – a strategic plan for the future.
Vision 2014 was developed by district leaders with input from hundreds of community members and district employees during more than 36 staff and public meetings held during the fall. An enormous amount of feedback was gathered and dozens of ideas were collected through the public meetings as well as on the district’s online forum.
With approval of Vision 2014, board members established the mission, vision, beliefs and strategic directions to guide the work of the district over the next four to five years. Several of the items reflected in Vision 2014 require additional study prior to action. The following items were researched, and reports shared with the board during the spring of 2011. Read the working group reports below.
Vision 2014 - Year 2
During the 2011-2012 school year (Year 2 of the Vision 2014 strategic planning process) our staff was hard at work to:
- Re-prioritize spending to create efficiencies and reduce budgets
- Enhance communication with parents by developing a new parent teacher conference schedule, and enhancing parent portals and online grading
- Develop personalized academic plans to help secondary students (grades 8-12) plan for their high school course of study and two years of post-secondary education.
Vision 2014 - Year 3
Here’s just a sample of what happened during the 2012-2013 school year:
- Implement science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) program in grades K-12
- Increase online and blended learning classes
Provide more opportunities for students to engage in civic involvement/service learning
Increase parent/teacher conferences and provide more regular progress reports
Provide support to English Language Learner families