Our small school in the welcoming riverside community of Marine on St. Croix creates an intimate learning environment where teachers and staff get to know families personally. Our rural setting in the forest along the St. Croix River allows us to blend outdoor stewardship and the arts into unforgettable learning experiences for students.
Our students uphold Marine's tradition of academic success and excellence by having consistently high test scores. They leave Marine strong and confident - ready to succeed in junior high and beyond.
Students at Marine Elementary participate in:
- STEAM: Engage in exciting, hands-on learning through STEAM for All, which blends elements of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics to solve real-world problems with programs like Lego Robotics and Engineering is Elementary (EiE).
- Technology: Access a world of information with mobile technology - every classroom has at least one mobile device for every student.
- Curiosity-driven: With the personal help of their teacher, students choose projects that meet their learning style and allow them to dig deeper into topics that pique their curiosity.
- Fine arts: Explore the fine arts through visual arts and design and participate in music, choir, band, orchestra, and the annual community favorite - the all school play.
- Environmental learning: Explore environmental activities in the School Forest, a 1.5 acre wooded plot of land located right on school grounds.
- Guest educators: Participate in assemblies with special guests like the Minnesota Raptor Center, The Science Museum, students and principals from our junior highs and high school, and more!
As you explore our pages, we invite your questions and extend a personal invitation to visit our school. We are always excited to meet new families and share information about this wonderful learning community! Please contact the school office at (651)351-8870 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.