Welcome to Stillwater Area Public Schools!
Stillwater Area Public Schools – Independent School District # 834 - may be home to the very first school house in Minnesota, but that doesn’t mean we’re still your great-grandfather’s school district!
Much has changed in Stillwater Area Public Schools since members of the first graduating class received diplomas more than 130 years ago, and much will continue to change in the coming years. We’re constantly innovating and improving to ensure we are meeting the needs of our students both now and into the future. But one thing remains unchanged; our longstanding tradition of high expectations, high standards and outstanding achievement will never be compromised.
Stillwater Area Public Schools by the numbers:
- Approximately 8,800 students
- More than 1,000 employees
- 10 elementary schools (K-6)
- 2 junior high schools (grades 7-9)
- 1 high school (grades 10-12)
- 1 alternative learning center (ALC)
- 1 early childhood family center serving families with young children, from birth to age 5.
- The district stretches 30 miles along the St. Croix River
The district offers the best of both worlds. It is large enough to provide a wide variety of opportunities for students, while maintaining a personal, caring and individualized education. The district strives to develop learners who are innovative, creative, and prepared for a rapidly changing world. Expectations are high and students of all abilities are challenged, supported and motivated at every level – from early childhood through high school.
Welcome to a community and a school system built on a solid tradition of excellence!